Rhinoplasty in Tehran Tips from my experience
1. PLAN, PLAN, PLAN! Plan all your trip in advance, book with doctor and hotel.
2. If you have minimal English and Farsi language, book a translator for no more than 3 days, consultation day, surgery day, and post surgery day.
3. If you get sick and catch the flu easily it’s highly recommended to go during the summer season in Iran in order to not have any complications such as blocked/ runny nose.
4. Take enough cash with you, preferably in USD.
5. Contact doctor before 1-2 months to ensure the doctor is not traveling outside of Tehran.
6. Do not smoke, where sunglasses and go not lift heavy items as it will all impact negetavily on your nose and you will have complications.
7. Until your nose is fully healed, do avoid crowded places such as subways, and other crowed public spaces in order to minimize the chances of accidents to your nose.
8. One of the most important tips from my experience is wash your nose with saline solution before you eat in order to help you breathe easily and eat.
9. It is recommended to wear the nose tape for two -three weeks. However from my experience as I had a thick-meaty nose, I kept wearing it for 2 months as I wanted to secure the shape of the nose even though it will settle down after one year. This is a preference but taping the nose will help with the future shape of the nose as well.
10. I recommend the hotel I stayed at us they helped me with everything, before to after surgery stay. Located in Tehran named Markazi hotel. IG name: @markazihotel https://www.instagram.com/markazihotel